Skip to main content

EXAM CRAM - The Night Before . . .

ENGLISH LITERATURE (PAPER 1) - DRAMA (ASND & OTHELLO)

Hi all, so its the night before my first English Lit exam and I thought I'd give a little insight into how I'm cramming my time!

So originally my plan for today looked like this:

(insert photo)

However that didn't go exactly to plan for several reasons:
1) I was late to college so couldn't start my exam revision period at exactly 10
2) I was planning on meeting my boyfriend after his maths exam but I got confused with the times, thinking his exam was 2 hours instead of 1 1/2. This realisation meant that I only managed half an hour of revision time this morning
3) I then got distracted and went back to my boyfriend's house instead of staying in the library like I should've which meant I couldn't make up for my first revision period however I did manage to complete a full study period from 12-1:30 when I got to his
4) I then got distracted AGAIN for my 3rd planned revision session of the day but I did manage to read a little bit about the genre of Tragedy in terms of ASND and put some Othello critics onto quizlet flashcards which I plan to use tomorrow morning
5) I then went to a meeting with a local charity I work with and, although the meeting was really interesting and a fantastic opportunity, it did overrun meaning I wasn't home in time for my 4th study session I planned for 6:30
6) LASTLY, I've started writing this blog post instead of doing revision HOWEVER I do believe this may help me plan my cramming effectively and I have started to do some quick fire essay plans that I will be posting probably later today

Right, so in order to counteract my failures today, I will do the following before my exam at 1:30 tomorrow:

1) Finish at least 1 essay plan for each text
2) Re-read Othello ACT 4 in detail and skim ACTs 2 and 3
3) Quickly brush over my context notes for both texts and look up anything I'm overly unsure of
4) Check the Othello revision blog that inspired me to make this one to see if I've forgotten anything major
5) Learn at least one critic quote from each critical essay on Othello
6) Brush over the scene summaries of ASND in my York Notes and possibly on Sparknotes
7) If I have time, look through some resources on Get Revising, The Student Room and YouTube
8) Re-read old essays!!!

Wish me luck everyone (I will highlight the cramming tasks in green if I've completed them!)
Jem ~ signing off ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

English Literature (Edexcel A Level spec at a glance)

GENERAL Unit 1 - Drama 30% of total qualification WHAT'S ASSESSED? o SECTION A : One Shakespeare Play ( Othello )  - Critical Essays relating to Shakespeare Play ( A Critical Anthology - Tragedy ) o SECTION B : One other Tragedy or Comedy ( A Streetcar Named Desire - Tennessee Williams ) HOW'S IT ASSESSED? o Written Examination ( 2hrs, 15mins ) o SECTION A : 35 marks ( AO1 | AO2 | AO3 | AO5 ) o SECTION B : 25 marks ( AO1 | AO2 | AO3 ) Unit 2 - Prose 20% of total qualification WHAT'S ASSESSED? o Language, Structure & Form o Theme: Science & Society  - Pre-1900 Text ( Frankenstein - Mary Shelley )  - Other Text ( The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood ) HOW'S IT ASSESSED? o Written Examination ( 1hr ) o 40 marks ( AO1 | AO2 | AO3 | AO4 ) Unit 3 - Poetry 30% of total qualification WHAT'S ASSESSED? o Poetic Form, Meaning & Language o SECTION A : Post-2000 Specified Poetry  - Compare with one Unseen o SECTI...

Classics: Ancient History - Battles

1st Mithridatic War WHO WAS MITHRIDATES? Valleius Paterculus - 'ever eager for war, of exceptional bravery, always in great spirit and sometimes in achievement, in strategy a general, in bodily prowess a soldier, in hatred to Romans, a Hannibal' o One of the most powerful rulers in Asia - King Mithridates Eupator ( VI ) o Extremely ambitious - gained the throne by murdering his brother & imprisoning his mother o Possessed characteristics of a Hellenistic monarch o Forceful character & exceptional physical strength o Admirer of Greek culture o Ability as a general matched his diplomacy WHAT WAS THE BACKGROUND TO THIS CONFLICT? o Mithridates had already explanded the kingdom of Pontus north of the Black sea o 104 BC : occupied Galatia, Paphlagonia & Cappadocia  - brought him into conflict with rulers friendly to Rome o 96 BC : Sulla ( currently governor of Cilicia ) reinstated the king of Cappadocia & prevented Mithridates establishing an allianc...

Classics: Ancient History - Individuals

SULLA WHAT IS SAID ABOUT HIM? Plutarch, Life of Sulla (31) : ~ Quote from Metellus on Proscriptions ~ ' "We are not asking you," he said, "to pardon those whom you have decided to kill; all we ask is that you should free from suspense those whom you have decided not to kill" ' Velleius Paterculus : ~ on Tribunes ~ 'Anyone of reputation or birth shunned the office thereafter' 'He left the tribunican power a shadow without substance' Plutarch, Life of Sulla (33) : ~ on Imperium ~ ( 81 BC ) 'A decree was passed giving him immunity for all his past acts, while for the future he was to have the power of life and death, the power to confiscate property, to found colonies, to found new cities or to demolish existing ones, to take away or bestow kingdoms at his pleasure' WHAT WERE HIS MOST IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENTS? o Cursus Honorum  - redraft of the lex Villia Annalis (senator could not hold same office twice in 10 years) o Se...